I really don’t like to pack so I have developed a very bad habit of putting it off to the last minute, so guess what I did today!
This morning I was literally cleaning the sh*t off my riding boots so I could pack them up. Good times! All my shoes go into plastic bags from the supermarket before entering my suitcase to prevent cooties.
I have some funny little comfort items that I need to bring with me:
- Zum Bar® soap that I get at Whole Foods. So many scents, so little time!
- Badger Balm® Sleep Balm. A little under the nose, on lips, temples, or other pulse points. Works like a dream 😉 My sister turned me onto this a few years ago. I love me some aromatherapy! I think you can get this at Whole Foods.
- Salted and roasted almonds and pistachios for the plane.
- A quart sized zip-lock bag full of those flavor sachets that make water more interesting. I like the ones with pomegranate the best. They were buy-one-get-one at my supermarket this week which was a plus!
- My orange babouches! These are little leather slippers that they were in Morocco. I fell in love with them when I visited Richard Branson’s Kasbah Tamadot a few years ago. I have been through many a pair since then but I e-mail the concierge when I need new ones and he sends me several pair for a reasonable fee. Like the Marine and Mila Kunis, you never know till you ask!
- Scarves! All year round I love a scarf. In the summer I need cotton ones to protect my neck from the sun. I think some of my friends think it odd, but what can you do.
- Kinesys® sunscreen. I love this stuff! It sprays on dry and you don’t have to rub it in or anything. Available at retailers catering to outdoor activities.
- A few pairs of eyeglasses. I have to mix them up!
- A couple of Smartwool® tops and socks. Some of their stuff is extremely light weight and wicks well in the heat and prevents odor.
- A few pieces of personalized stationary in case I need to write a note or leave a tip to someone who has helped make my adventure remarkable.