My job recap below. To date, I have had 20 phone interviews. Eight jobs are ‘officially’ still open but a few are certainly very questionable now due to time lapse since last contact and will soon need to be declared dead. You just need to keep applying to new jobs to keep the rotation going!
I feel like I have some ‘job clouds’, too. First the cloud was over Atlanta as I had a few things going on there, then it switched to be about cosmetics, now it seems to be primarily West Coast and apparel/coffee centric. It’s peculiar how things seem to cluster.
- Apparel company in L.A., phone interviewed with hiring manager and one of his direct reports, next step will be on-site, looks promising (applied Feb 27)
- Apparel company in San Fran, phone screened with HR, hiring manager scheduled for April 27 (applied Mar 27…so you can see how easily a month slips by!)
- Super huge coffee company located in Seattle, phone screened with HR, hiring manager scheduled for April 25 (applied Mar 27; again, nearly a month time lapse)
- Coffee brewing machine maker, contacted by recruiter, phone screen scheduled for April 16 (applied Apr 10)
On the fence (both jobs are still on the internet boards):
- Cosmetics company in NYC, interview with hiring manager went well, filled out a bunch of application forms, but no contact since March 27 (applied March 2)
- Cosmetics company not in NYC, interviewed with HR on April 6 but yet to confirm phone interview date with hiring manager (applied Mar 27)
Presumed dead (both jobs are still on the internet boards):
- Apparel company in Atlanta, interview with hiring manager went well, but haven’t heard from them since March 16th (applied Feb 28)
- Denver construction company, had good interview with hiring manager but think I am over-qualified (applied Feb 27)